This simple how-to-guide will walk you through 3 very quick steps to embed your students’ portfolio entries directly into Blackboard.
There are quite a number of benefits of embedding work and projects from Portfolium into Blackboard including:
- Allow your students to view sample work from your course module in Blackboard
- Allow your students to engage with portfolio entries from within Blackboard
- Keep the experience within Blackboard, rather than linking off to Portfolium
- Maintain a gallery of exemplary work within the Blackboard class module
- Play and view multimedia content from a portfolio entry within Blackboard
STEP 1: Create an Item within Blackboard
Inside of your Blackboard class module, create a new Item under Build Content.
On the Create Item page, click the “HTML” button.
**If you don’t see the HTML button, click the "double-down arrow" button on the far right of the toolbar for the Text section:
STEP 2: Copy & Paste Code Snippet
Copy the HTML code below (including the "<" and ">" symbols):
<iframe width="350" height="750" async src="[INSERT URL HERE]?utm=bb"></iframe>
Paste this HTML code into the HTML code view window within Blackboard’s Create Item module.
STEP 3: Copy & Paste Portfolio Entry URL
Copy the portfolio entry URL from portfolium and paste into the HTML window, replacing where it says "[INSERT URL HERE]" (including the brackets). Then click "Update", then click "Submit".
Now the portfolio entry from Portfolium is embedded onto the Blackboard class module:
Great job! You can add more entries by following this same process. Multiple entries can be added side-by-side with the same copy and paste steps from above, resulting in this:
You can also view the video tutorial here: