PORTFOLIUM AT YOUR CAMPUS
Portfolium is proud to partner with your University to help you save and ultimately invest your intellectual capital in learning and career success. Portfolium is your free, digital portfolio tool to visually showcase your academic and professional experiences and accomplishments. Creating Portfolium “entries” allows you to beautifully organize and highlight your education and experiences by including samples of your reports, papers, projects, labs, and presentations. Show the world what makes you... YOU, by including videos and photos of campus involvement, travel, hobbies, athletics, and work and volunteer experiences! We hope that you’ll enjoy and leverage this valuable tool.
You should have an email invite waiting in your inbox!
You will receive an email from Portfolium with a personal access link. If you can’t find this email, you can access your account by going to portfolium.com/login and requesting your activation email.
BUILD YOUR PROFILE
FIll in your education and work experience information
Customize your profile with a professional profile picture, cover photo and tagline.
Showcase your work and projects visually
Use your entries to prove your competencies, skills and experiences. Use real work examples such as papers, pictures and presentations and describe your experience with detailed descriptions that prove your knowledge and abilities.
BUILD YOUR ONLINE IDENTITY
Building a positive online presence has never been more important. With this platform, you will be able to showcase your accomplishments and also connect with your students, fellow faculty, alumni and more, while you may not want to do so on personal social media. You can use Portfolium as an online digital repository for your academic and professional work, even for tracking artifacts for your advancement applications.
SHARE AND BE NOTICED
Once you’ve built your Portfolium, share it! You can easily share your Portfolium or specific entries from your portfolio across various social media networks. You can place your Portfolium link on your CV, cover letters and in your email signature for even more exposure.
Below, we will provide you with a few steps for getting started!
Your Portfolium profile is really your “personal brand page”. It allows you to showcase examples of your work, create a rich personal statement, and provide an example for your students to follow.
Examples of good “brand pages” on Portfolium can be found here: portfolium.com/discover
TIPS FOR CREATING YOUR PROFILE
- The first time you login, go to your setting section located in the top right dropdown
- Within your account settings, you can add a photo of yourself by clicking on the camera icon.
- Next, you can add a cover image, in the same manner.
- As you scroll down on the same page, you will see a field labeled ‘Tagline’. This will help further personalize your profile. This Tagline appears under your name on your profile
- As you scroll down the settings page, you will see a section to link any social media you utilize or even a personal webpage to your Portfolium.
- Finally, on the left side of the settings page, you will see additional options for updating your profile. For example, updating your location, adding an email address or even changing your password.
2. Your Portfolium has two sections, the Profile section and the Portfolio section.
Your Profile provides details on your experience, your education and more.
The Profile section is where you can add and edit your basic profile information, such as your Introduction, Education, and Experiences.
- To edit this section, make sure that you are logged in. You can pick and choose which modules to add into your profile by selecting from the options.
- When you click to add or edit a section, the panel will slide out from the left. This is where you can edit the information. Fill in the form and click Save Changes.
3. Next, you will want to start adding work samples or artifacts to your Portfolio. Click the ‘Add Work’ button in the upper righthand corner.
Once you select ‘Add Work’ you will be given the option to start with a file or start with a link. Once you determine your file type, you will add a title and description, then select ‘continue,’ to continue to build your entry.
- You will be given a step by step guide on completing your entry.
- The final step will ask you to select your privacy settings. You select this for each and every entry you add to your Portfolium. You can select from: Everyone, Portfolium Users, Only You, or Only your Connections, If you select ‘only me,’ you will be provided a link that you can then share with those you would like to view this piece of work.
Remember, anytime you need assistance or have questions you can reach out to our support team via the blue question mark in the lower right corner of your screen or go to help.portfolium.com.
We are looking forward to seeing your profile!