Adding LTI assignments
After your LMS administrator sets up the Portfolium LTI application, You will then have access to create new assignments.
- Logged in, go to a course
- Ensure you are in a module that has the “Add Existing Activities” button.
- Click on the “Add Existing Activities” button.
- Click on the “External Learning Tools” menu item.
On the “Add Activity” screen, Click on “Create new LTI Link” button.
The create form loads add the following fields:
- Title: Title of the assignment
- Url: https://edu.portfolium.com/lti/launch
Click on the newly created assignment
Linking the LMS Assignment to EDU Platform
When you click on an LTI assignment in the LMS, the application auto-logs into the Portfolium EDU Platform. If you are new to the EDU Platform, you will be taken through the on-boarding flow to establish your account. After your account is created, you will be taken to the assignment setup page.
Complete the EDU Platform Assignment Details
The EDU Platform requires you to enter the following fields to create your assignment.
- Instructions - This will give the student directions for the assignment
- Scoring Type - Set the scoring type for this assignment, there are 5 options to chose from
- Star Rating
- Letter Grade
- Pass / Fail
- Skills/Competencies - add the skills the student will acquire from completion of the assignment
- Due Date - Set a due date on when the assignment must be completed by
- Category - Select the assignment category
- Publish Immediately - By default, the publish "ON" button is enabled. You have the option to control the status of the assignment on the Portfolium end.
Assignment in EDU Platform
Click on the “Go to Assignment “ button. You will be directed to EDU Platform.
Faculty Grading through the LMS
In D2L, you will access the EDU Platform, by going to the “Course” and “Assignment” you would like to assess.
After your students submit their assignments, you will receive an email that alerts you that their assignment is ready to be assessed. There is also a notification that is triggered within the EDU Platform.
Grading the Assignment
You will be sent to the assignment detail page within the EDU Portal. This page shows the list of students associated with their assignments and the assignment status. Those assignments with a status of “submitted “are ready to be assessed. Click on the “Score” button.
Within the assignment page in the EDU Platform, you can view the submitted assignment in detail and provide feedback. If a rubric is used, you can assess levels of achievement.
Viewing the grading outcomes in the LMS
Within the LMS, the feedback and scoring you provided via Portfolium is pulled directly into the gradebook.