Adding a course in the course library
A faculty or an administrator creates a course in the course library and assignments under that course on EDU Platform
Logged in, go to Courses under Library and click on New Course. Enter the required course details.
Once the course is created in the library, the next step is to add assignments to that course. Click on "Create a new assignment" link on the Assignments screen
Enter the required assignment details and click on "Create Assignment"
Faculty claims the course from the course library
As a Faculty member you will be able to claim the course by clicking “Assessment Library” > "Courses". When you find your course, click the "Actions" dropdown in the right column and then click "Claim Course."
Enter the course details for your claimed course: Select a Year, Term, Section and whether this is a Single Assessor or Multiple Assessor course.
Faculty sets up the same course and LTI assignments on
After your LMS administrator sets up the Portfolium LTI application, You will then have access to create new assignments.
1. Logged in, go to a course.
2. Click on the “Content” menu.
3. Add a new Assignment by clicking on the “Assessments” menu and click on the Portfolium LTI link.
The “Create Portfolium LTI” form loads, fill out the following required settings
- Name: Name of assignment.
- Enable Evaluation: YES -
- Points Possible: numerical value this assignment would be scored against.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Click on the assignment.
Linking the LMS Assignment to EDU Platform
When you click on an LTI assignment in the LMS, the application, auto-logs in to the Portfolium EDU Platform*. *If you are new to the EDU Platform, you will be taken through the on-boarding flow, to establish your account.. After your account is created, you will be taken to the assignment setup page.
Complete the EDU Platform Assignment Details
The EDU Platform requires you to enter the following fields to create your assignment.
- Instructions - This will give the student directions for the assignment.
- Scoring Type - Set the scoring type for this assignment, there are 5 options to chose from:
-Pass / Fail.
- Skills/Competencies - add the skills the student will acquire from completion of the assignment.
- Due Date - Set a due date on when the assignment must be completed by.
- Category - Select the assignment category.
- Publish Immediately - By default, the publish "ON" button is enabled. You have the option to control the status of the assignment on the Portfolium end.
Assignment in EDU Platform
Click on the “Go to Assignment “ button. You will be directed to EDU Platform.