Adding an LTI assignment via the Lessons section in Populi
After your LMS admin sets up the Portfolium LTI application, you will then have access to create lessons linked to Portfolium.
- Within Populi, prior to creating the lesson linked to Portfolium, you will need to create an assignment in Populi's assignments page first, and then make a link in the lesson, and then select that assignment from the assignments list when you're creating the link.
2. Click on the 'Lessons' Menu
3. Click 'Add a lesson'
4. Add a 'Name' and 'Save'
5. After adding the lesson, click the 'Design' tab.
6. Then click 'Assignment' and select the assignment you made in step 1.
6. Then click 'Link'
7. You will add the URL next: https://edu.portfolium.com/lti/launch
8. Title your assignment
9. Under 'LTI Tool' select Portfolium
10. Also select upload the grade to your selected assignment and select 'Save'
11. Then click the link you just created
The EDU Platform requires you to enter the following fields to create your assignment:
- Instructions - This will give the student directions for the assignment.
- Scoring Type - Set the scoring type for this assignment, there are 5 options to chose from
- Star Rating
- Letter Grade
- Pass / Fail.
- Skills/Competencies - add the skills the student will acquire from completion of the assignment.
- Due Date - Set a due date on when the assignment must be completed by.
- Category - Select the assignment category.
- Publish Immediately - By default, the publish "ON" button is enabled. You have the option to control the status of the assignment on the Portfolium end.
Click on the “Go to Assignment “ button. You will be directed to EDU Platform.
After your students submit their assignments, you will receive an email that alerts you that their assignment is ready to be assessed. There is also a notification that is triggered within the EDU Platform.
Grading the Assignment
You will be sent to the assignment detail page within the EDU Portal. This page shows the list of students associated with their assignments and the assignment status. Those assignments with a status of “submitted “are ready to be assessed. Click on the “Score” button.
Within the assignment page in the EDU Platform, you can view the submitted assignment in detail and provide feedback. If a rubric is used, you can assess levels of achievement.
The score from Portfolium is then passed back to the grade book in Populi.